The Little League Network At The World Series

A daily journal of happenings in and around the 2005 Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Greetings from the Little League World Series...


It's great to be back in Williamsport and it brings back some great memories as well. I was one of the umpires here in 2001 which was the year Little League opened Volunteer stadium and increased the number of teams from 8 to 16. President Bush attended the championship game and I was assigned 1st base and wore "ump cam" on my hat for ABC and all I could think about was "don't mess up"!

Holly and I also became engaged here in 2003 and I proposed with the help of Little League by having the proposal on the scoreboard at Lamade Stadium. She had no idea that I was going to propose and thought we were going to surprise some friends of ours with a special scoreboard announcement. Well, the surprise was on her! As I said, the World Series and Little League have given me some great memories.

Well, back to business. Each year we have our "Network Trailer" setup next to the sponsor tent and have Little League administrators stop by to setup web sites or maybe get a little help. Some want to see how the Data Center works or maybe take a look at how Online Registration can be usesd by their local league to register players.

This year in addition to the trailer, we have a tent setup with computers inside that will make it easier for more people to take a look at what the Little League Network is all about. We're also having a contest to give away five 17" LCD monitors and of course, we have our 2005 LLB Network World Series pin to give out too.

Well, it's getting late but I wanted to get this blog started. Here's to another great year at the LLB WS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home